DIABETES CONTROL INITIATIVE
Currently we are in phase II of the project. Phase II Study to identify prevalence
and provide intervention programs.
The Objectives of this phase is to:
- Identify the general population prevalence in certain geographical and point of health care locations. The locations include, the outpatient clinic, a health center and the general community in Asendabo or Agaro.
- Obtain a detailed description on the epidemiological features of diabetes in locations other than the hospital clinic and compare it to the hospital clinic patients
- Identify areas which can be improved in the management and the decentralization of health care of diabetic patients.
- Provide an opportunity for local nurses and health assistants in health centers to further training in follow up of diabetic patients.
- To provide screening services and health education for the local community.
Copyright 2005 - 2019, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.